Openo•pen (ō′pən),USA pronunciation adj.
- not closed or barred at the time, as a doorway by a door, a window by a sash, or a gateway by a gate: to leave the windows open at night.
- (of a door, gate, window sash, or the like) set so as to permit passage through the opening it can be used to close.
- having no means of closing or barring: an open portico.
- having the interior immediately accessible, as a box with the lid raised or a drawer that is pulled out.
- relatively free of obstructions to sight, movement, or internal arrangement: an open floor plan.
- constructed so as to be without cover or enclosure on the top or on some or all sides: an open boat.
- having relatively large or numerous spaces, voids, or intervals: an open architectural screen; open ranks of soldiers.
- perforated or porous: an open texture.
- relatively unoccupied by buildings, fences, trees, etc.: open country.
- not covered or closed;
with certain parts apart: open eyes; open mouth.
- without a covering, esp. a protective covering;
exposed: an open wound; open electrical wires.
- extended or unfolded: an open newspaper.
- without restrictions as to who may participate: an open competition; an open session.
- accessible or available to follow: the only course still open to us.
- not taken or filled;
vacant: Which job is open?
- ready for or carrying on normal trade or business: The new store is now open. The office is open on Saturdays.
- not engaged or committed: Have you any open time on Monday?
- accessible, as to appeals, ideas, or offers: to be open to suggestion.
- exposed to general view or knowledge;
existing, carried on, etc., without concealment: open disregard of the rules.
- acting publicly or without concealment, as a person.
- unreserved, candid, or frank, as persons or their speech, aspect, etc.: an open manner.
- generous, liberal, or bounteous: to give with an open hand.
- liable or subject: open to question; open to retaliation.
unsettled: several open questions.
- without effective or enforced legal, commercial, or moral regulations: an open town.
- unguarded by an opponent: an open wide receiver.
- noting the part of the sea beyond headlands or enclosing areas of land: to sail on the open seas.
- free of ice, as a body of water or a seaport.
- free of navigational hazards: an open coast.
- (of a seaport) available for foreign trade;
not closed by government regulations or by considerations of health.
- (of a microphone) in operation;
- (of a delimiting punctuation mark) occurring at the beginning of a group of words or characters that is set off, as from surrounding text: open parenthesis; open quotes.Cf. close (def. 56).
- not yet balanced or adjusted, as an account.
- not constipated, as the bowels.
- (of a vowel) articulated with a relatively large opening above the tongue or with a relatively large oral aperture, as the vowel sound of cot compared with that in caught.
- (of a syllable) ending with a vowel.
- (of a consonant) continuant (opposed to stopped).
- [Ling.](of a class of items) readily admitting new members, as the class of nouns, verbs, or adjectives (opposed to closed).
- (of type) in outline form.
- widely spaced or leaded, as printed matter.
- (of an organ pipe) not closed at the far end.
- (of a string) not stopped by a finger.
- (of a note) produced by such a pipe or string or, on a wind instrument, without the aid of a slide, key, etc.
- (of an interval) containing neither endpoint.
- (of a set) consisting of points having neighborhoods wholly contained in the set, as the set of points within a circle.
- (of a map from one topological space to another) having the property that the image of an open set is an open set.
- free from frost;
mild or moderate: an open winter.
- (of a female animal) not pregnant.
- (of a fabric or weave) so loosely woven that spaces are visible between warp and filling yarns.
- to move (a door, window sash, etc.) from a shut or closed position so as to admit of passage.
- to render (a doorway, gateway, window, etc.) unobstructed by moving a door, window sash, etc., away from it.
- to render the interior of (a box, drawer, etc.) readily accessible.
- to clear (a passage, channel, etc.) of obstructions.
- to clear (areas or passages in the body).
- to give access to;
make accessible or available, as for use: to open a port for trade.
- to establish for business purposes or for public use: to open an office.
- to set in action, begin, start, or commence (sometimes fol. by up): to open a campaign.
- to uncover, lay bare, or expose to view.
- to expand, unfold, or spread out: to open a map.
- to make less compact, less closely spaced, or the like: to open ranks.
- to disclose, reveal, or divulge.
- to render accessible to knowledge, enlightenment, sympathy, etc.: to open one's mind.
- to cut, blast, or break into: to open a safe with nitro.
- to make or produce (an opening) by cutting or breaking, or by pushing aside or removing obstructions: to open a way through a crowd.
- to make an incision or opening in: to open a boil.
- to recall or revoke (a judgment, decree, etc.) for the purpose of allowing further contest or delay.
- to make the first statement of (a case) to the court or jury.
- [Cards.]to begin a hand by making (the first bid), placing (the first bet), or playing (a given card or suit) as the lead.
- to sail (a course) so that the apparent location of a distant fixed object changes with relation to a nearer fixed object (sometimes fol. by out).
- to become open, as a door, building, box, or enclosure.
- to afford access: a door that opens into a garden.
- to have an opening, passage, or outlet: The room opens into a corridor.
- (of a building, theater, etc.) to open its doors to the public: The museum opens at one o'clock.
- to begin a session or term, as a school.
- to begin a season, series of performances, or tour, as a theatrical company: The play will open in Boston.
- to begin, start, or commence an activity: The game opened with the national anthem.
- to part, or seem to part, so as to allow or reveal a passage: At last the cliffs opened to show us that we were heading for the sea.
- to become disclosed or revealed.
- to come into view;
become more visible or plain.
- to become receptive to knowledge, sympathy, etc., as the mind.
- to disclose or reveal one's knowledge, thoughts, feelings, etc.
- to unfold or expand, as a blossom, so as to reveal the interior.
- to spread out or expand, as the hand or a fan.
- to spread apart or separate, as pages of a book, newspaper, etc.: Open to page 32.
- to spread or come apart;
burst: The wound opened.
- to become less compact, less closely spaced, or the like: The ranks began to open.
- [Cards.]to make the first bet, bid, or lead in beginning a hand.
- [Hunting.](of hounds) to begin to bark, as on the scent of game.
- open up:
- to become or make open.
- to expand, esp. before the eye: A breathtaking panorama opened up as we reached the top of the hill.
- to achieve the initial development of: to open up a business office; to open up trade with China.
- [Slang.]to increase speed or the speed of (a vehicle).
- an open or clear space.
- the open air.
- the open water, as of the sea.
- an opening or aperture.
- an opening or opportunity.
- a contest or tournament in which both amateurs and professionals may compete, esp. in golf and tennis.
- the open:
- the unenclosed or unobstructed country.
- the outdoors: Vacations in the open are fine for the entire family.
- the condition of being unconcealed, recognized, or publicly known: The scandal is now out in the open.
Officeof•fice (ô′fis, of′is),USA pronunciation n.
- a room, set of rooms, or building where the business of a commercial or industrial organization or of a professional person is conducted: the main office of an insurance company; a doctor's office.
- a room assigned to a specific person or a group of persons in a commercial or industrial organization: Her office is next to mine.
- a business or professional organization: He went to work in an architect's office.
- the staff or designated part of a staff at a commercial or industrial organization: The whole office was at his wedding.
- a position of duty, trust, or authority, esp. in the government, a corporation, a society, or the like: She was elected twice to the office of president.
- employment or position as an official: to seek office.
- the duty, function, or part of a particular person or agency: to act in the office of adviser.
- (cap.) an operating agency or division of certain departments of the U.S. Government: Office of Community Services.
- (cap.) [Brit.]a major administrative unit or department of the national government: the Foreign Office.
- hint, signal, or warning;
- Often, offices. something, whether good or bad, done or said for or to another: He obtained a position through the offices of a friend.
- the prescribed order or form for a service of the church or for devotional use.
- the services so prescribed.
- Also called divine office. the prayers, readings from Scripture, and psalms that must be recited every day by all who are in major orders.
- a ceremony or rite, esp. for the dead.
- a service or task to be performed;
chore: little domestic offices.
- offices, [Chiefly Brit.]
- the parts of a house, as the kitchen, pantry, or laundry, devoted mainly to household work.
- the stables, barns, cowhouses, etc., of a farm.
- [Older Slang.]privy.
Savesave1 (sāv),USA pronunciation v., saved, sav•ing, n.
- to rescue from danger or possible harm, injury, or loss: to save someone from drowning.
- to keep safe, intact, or unhurt;
preserve: God save the king.
- to keep from being lost: to save the game.
- to avoid the spending, consumption, or waste of: to save fuel.
- to keep, as for reuse: to save leftovers for tomorrow's dinner.
- to set aside, reserve, or lay by: to save money.
- to treat carefully in order to reduce wear, fatigue, etc.: to save one's eyes by reading under proper light.
- to prevent the occurrence, use, or necessity of;
obviate: to come early in order to save waiting.
- [Theol.]to deliver from the power and consequences of sin.
- to copy (a file) from RAM onto a disk or other storage medium.
- to stop (a ball or puck) from entering one's goal.
- to lay up money as the result of economy or thrift.
- to be economical in expenditure.
- to preserve something from harm, injury, loss, etc.
- to admit of being kept without spoiling, as food.
sav′a•ble, save′a•ble, adj.
- an act or instance of saving, esp. in sports.
- [Baseball.]a statistical credit given a relief pitcher for preserving a team's victory by holding its lead in a game.
sav′a•ble•ness, save′a•ble•ness, n.
Asas1 (az; unstressed əz),USA pronunciation adv.
- to the same degree, amount, or extent;
equally: I don't think it's as hot and humid today as it was yesterday.
- for example;
for instance: Some flowers, as the rose, require special care.
- thought to be or considered to be: the square as distinct from the rectangle; the church as separate from the state.
- in the manner (directed, agreed, promised, etc.): She sang as promised. He left as agreed.
- as well. See well 1 (def. 11).
- as well as. See well 1 (def. 12).
- (used correlatively after an adjective or adverb prec. by an adverbial phrase, the adverbial as, or another adverb) to such a degree or extent that: It came out the same way as it did before. You are as good as you think you are.
- (without antecedent) in the degree, manner, etc., of or that: She's good as gold. Do as we do.
- at the same time that;
when: as you look away.
because: As you are leaving last, please turn out the lights.
- though: Questionable as it may be, we will proceed.
- with the result or purpose: He said it in a voice so loud as to make everyone stare.
- [Informal.](in dependent clauses) that: I don't know as I do.
- [Midland and Southern U.S. and Brit. Dial.]than.
- as … as, (used to express similarity or equality in a specified characteristic, condition, etc., as between one person or thing and another): as rich as Croesus.
- as far as, to the degree or extent that: It is an excellent piece of work, as far as I can tell.
- as for or to, with respect to;
in reference to: As for staying away, I wouldn't think of it.
- as good as:
- equivalent to;
practically: as good as new.
- true to;
trustworthy as: as good as his word.
- as how, [Chiefly Midland and Southern U.S.]that;
whether: He allowed as how it was none of my business. I don't know as how I ought to interfere.
- as if or though, as it would be if: It was as if the world had come to an end.
- as is, in whatever condition something happens to be, esp. referring to something offered for sale in a flawed, damaged, or used condition: We bought the table as is.
- as it were, in a way;
so to speak: He became, as it were, a man without a country.
- as long as. See long1 (def. 39).
- as of, beginning on;
on and after;
from: This price is effective as of June 23.
- as regards, with regard or reference to;
concerning: As regards the expense involved, it is of no concern to him.
- as such:
- as being what is indicated;
in that capacity: An officer of the law, as such, is entitled to respect.
- in itself or in themselves: The position, as such, does not appeal to him, but the salary is a lure.
- as yet, up to the present time;
until now: As yet, no one has thought of a solution.
- (used relatively) that;
which (usually prec. by such or the same): I have the same trouble as you had.
- a fact that: She did her job well, as can be proved by the records.
- [New England, Midland, and Southern U.S.]who;
that: Them as has gets.
- in the role, function, or status of: to act as leader.
- to produce (a text, picture, etc.) by applying inked types, plates, blocks, or the like, to paper or other material either by direct pressure or indirectly by offsetting an image onto an intermediate roller.
- to reproduce (a design or pattern) by engraving on a plate or block.
- to form a design or pattern upon, as by stamping with an engraved plate or block: to print calico.
- to cause (a manuscript, text, etc.) to be published in print.
- to write in letters like those commonly used in print: Print your name on these forms.
- to produce (data) in legible alphanumeric or graphic form.
- to indent or mark by pressing something into or upon (something).
- to produce or fix (an indentation, mark, etc.), as by pressure.
- to impress on the mind, memory, etc.
- to fingerprint.
- to apply (a thing) with pressure so as to leave an indentation, mark, etc.: The horses printed their hoofs on the wet grass.
- to produce a positive picture from (a negative) by the transmission of light.
- to take impressions from type, an engraved plate, etc., as in a press.
- to produce by means of a reproduction process: to print in color; to print unevenly.
- to make an image by means of ink, chemical action, etc., as type, engraved plates, etc.: This type is too worn to print cleanly.
- to write in characters such as are used in print: He'd rather print than use longhand.
- to follow the vocation of a printer.
- print in, See burn (def. 36).
- print out, to make a printout of.
- the state of being printed.
- printed lettering, esp. with reference to character, style, or size: This print is too large for footnotes.
- printed material.
- a printed publication, as a newspaper or magazine.
- a picture, design, or the like, printed from an engraved or otherwise prepared block, plate, etc.
- an indentation, mark, etc., made by the pressure of one body or thing on another.
- something with which an impression is made;
a stamp or die.
- a fingerprint.
- a design or pattern on cloth made by dyeing, weaving, or printing with engraved rollers, blocks of wood, stencils, etc.
- a cloth so treated.
- an article of apparel made of this cloth.
- something that has been subjected to impression, as a pat of butter.
- a picture, esp. a positive made from a negative.
- any reproduced image, as a blueprint.
- [Motion Pictures, Television.]a positive copy of a completed film or filmed program ready for showing;
- in print:
- in printed form;
- (of a book or the like) still available for purchase from the publisher.
- out of print, (of a book or the like) no longer available for purchase from the publisher.
- of, for, or comprising newspapers and magazines: print media.
Addressad•dress (n. ə dres′, ad′res;v. ə dres′),USA pronunciation n., v., -dressed or -drest, -dress•ing.
- a speech or written statement, usually formal, directed to a particular group of persons: the President's address on the state of the economy.
- a direction as to the intended recipient, written on or attached to a piece of mail.
- the place or the name of the place where a person, organization, or the like is located or may be reached: What is your address when you're in Des Moines?
- manner of speaking to persons;
personal bearing in conversation.
- skillful and expeditious management;
dispatch: to handle a matter with address.
- a label, as an integer, symbol, or other set of characters, designating a location, register, etc., where information is stored in computer memory.
- a request to the executive by the legislature to remove a judge for unfitness.
- Usually, addresses. attentions paid by a suitor or lover;
- (usually cap.) the reply to the King's speech in the English Parliament.
- to direct a speech or written statement to: to address an assembly.
- to use a specified form or title in speaking or writing to: Address the President as "Mr. President.''
- to direct to the attention: He addressed his remarks to the lawyers in the audience.
- to apply in speech (used reflexively, usually fol. by to): He addressed himself to the leader.
- to deal with or discuss: to address the issues.
- to put the directions for delivery on: to address a letter.
- [Com.]to consign or entrust to the care of another, as agent or factor.
- to direct the energy or efforts of (usually fol. by to): He addressed himself to the task.
- to direct (data) to a specified location in an electronic computer.
- [Golf.]to take a stance and place the head of the club behind (the ball) preparatory to hitting it.
- [Obs.]to woo;
- [Archaic.]to give direction to;
- [Obs.]to prepare.
ad•dress′er, ad•dres′sor, n.
- to make an appeal.
- to make preparations.
Stepstep (step),USA pronunciation n., v., stepped, step•ping.
- a movement made by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, accompanied by a shifting of the weight of the body in the direction of the new position, as in walking, running, or dancing.
- such a movement followed by a movement of equal distance of the other foot: The soldier took one step forward and stood at attention.
- the space passed over or the distance measured by one such movement of the foot.
- the sound made by the foot in making such a movement.
- a mark or impression made by the foot on the ground;
- the manner of walking;
- pace in marching: double-quick step.
- a pace uniform with that of another or others, or in time with music.
- steps, movements or course in walking or running: to retrace one's steps.
- a move, act, or proceeding, as toward some end or in the general course of some action;
stage, measure, or period: the five steps to success.
- rank, degree, or grade, as on a vertical scale.
- a support for the foot in ascending or descending: a step of a ladder; a stair of 14 steps.
- a very short distance: She was never more than a step away from her children.
- a repeated pattern or unit of movement in a dance formed by a combination of foot and body motions.
- a degree of the staff or of the scale.
- the interval between two adjacent scale degrees;
second. Cf. semitone, whole step.
- steps, a stepladder.
- an offset part of anything.
- a socket, frame, or platform for supporting the lower end of a mast.
- a flat-topped ledge on the face of a quarry or a mine working.
- break step, to interrupt or cease walking or marching in step: The marching units were allowed to break step after they had passed the reviewing stand.
- in step:
- moving in time to a rhythm or with the corresponding step of others.
- in harmony or conformity with: They are not in step with the times.
- keep step, to keep pace;
stay in step: The construction of classrooms and the training of teachers have not kept step with population growth.
- out of step:
- not in time to a rhythm or corresponding to the step of others.
- not in harmony or conformity with: They are out of step with the others in their group.
- step by step:
- from one stage to the next in sequence.
- gradually and steadily: We were shown the steelmaking process step by step.
- take steps, to set about putting something into operation;
begin to act: I will take steps to see that your application is processed.
- watch one's step, to proceed with caution;
behave prudently: If she doesn't watch her step, she will be fired from her job.
- to move, go, etc., by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, or by using the feet alternately in this manner: to step forward.
- to walk, or go on foot, esp. for a few strides or a short distance: Step over to the bar.
- to move with measured steps, as in a dance.
- to go briskly or fast, as a horse.
- to obtain, find, win, come upon, etc., something easily and naturally, as if by a mere step of the foot: to step into a good business opportunity.
- to put the foot down;
tread by intention or accident: to step on a cat's tail.
- to press with the foot, as on a lever, spring, or the like, in order to operate some mechanism.
- to take (a step, pace, stride, etc.).
- to go through or perform the steps of (a dance).
- to move or set (the foot) in taking a step.
- to measure (a distance, ground, etc.) by steps (sometimes fol. by off or out).
- to make or arrange in the manner of a series of steps.
- to fix (a mast) in its step.
- step down:
- to lower or decrease by degrees.
- to relinquish one's authority or control;
resign: Although he was past retirement age, he refused to step down and let his son take over the business.
- step in, to become involved;
intervene, as in a quarrel or fight: The brawl was well under way by the time the police stepped in.
- step on it, to hasten one's activity or steps;
hurry up: If we don't step on it, we'll miss the show.
- step out:
- to leave a place, esp. for a brief period of time.
- to walk or march at a more rapid pace.
- to go out to a social gathering or on a date: We're stepping out tonight.
- step up:
- to raise or increase by degrees: to step up production.
- to be promoted;
- to make progress;
Hello there, this photo is about Open Office Save As Pdf #1 Image Titled Print Address Labels Using OpenOffice Step 1. This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 721 x 541. This picture's file size is only 18 KB. If You ought to save It to Your computer, you could Click here. You may also see more images by clicking the picture below or see more at here: Open Office Save As Pdf.
Is the Open Office Save As Pdf #1 Image Titled Print Address Labels Using OpenOffice Step 1? I know first. Toiletries of the drain at the back. The medication case was sloppy with irregular bottles, products, and ointments. The closet underneath the drain was crammed in leaks with rolls of toilet paper and everything wasn't ideal elsewhere.
One of many best Open Office Save As Pdf #1 Image Titled Print Address Labels Using OpenOffice Step 1 I Have observed recently involves, not remodeling, but merely rethinking your toilet design. If you have an area, you are able to enter concealed racks that can shop and display from your makeup to some decorative knickknacks. And when you need to produce your toiletries invisible, you are able to constantly put hidden cabinets and cabinets.
When you have income short amount of time, and space to perform then I strongly encourage you use or to build a toilet from mirror. Even although you possess a bathroom counter there is, it's probably be outdated and never increase your space for storage.
If you create everything with shape and homogeneous size , then you can also pack it up. Fit a package containing products you don't use backwards, having a pack containing additionally used objects forward for comfortable access.
If also that seems like more function than you want to handle, start with imagining tiny. How could you improve the room you curently have? One of the tips would be to rearrange the area. Everyone features a closet there, before the clutter isn't structured, but factors only toss in there. Alternatively, have you been marking them and contemplating getting some tiny storage boxes?
A good bathroom storage's thought is always to set a fresh the one that includes a selection of cabinets and drawers. You will be amazed in the variation - you might even discover that this is !